15 May Barcelona-Madrid Experience
Posted at 14:13h in Tours
Barcelona Zero Limits is passionate about sharing our knowledge of local culture with those travelers who are seeking an authentic experience. Centuries-old traditions have to do not only with history but also with the foods and wines that hail from exceptional rural environments.
Spain has many cities with a very rich historical past. The culture and traditions of the cities proposed in this tur are the result of historical events with global impact. Barcelona Zero Limits invite you to explore Spain.
Get toknow the culture and customs of the region.
A program diversified in content and rich in cultural activities based in culture, traditions and gastronomic experiences, it is also a program totally accessible; therefore, it is the perfect choice to free your senses!
- Visit to the ”Plaza Catalunya”, the most central point of Barcelona, and also the crossing point between the old part and the new part of the city as well as the starting of the most import routes of Barcelona, “Las Rambas”, that if you go down, it will lead you to San Jose Market.
- Visit the Gothic Quarter, the old part of the city where you will explore some famous gourmet shops – the Escribà pastry, the chocolate shop “La Farga”, the “Casa Gispert” specializes in traditional products (roasted beans, jellies, jams, etc.), the Coffee “El Magnifico”, the herbal shop “Del Rey”, among others.
- Visit to the Santa Catarina Market, a building with an exuberant architecture thanks to its colorful roof (like a flying carpet, a masterpiece of Enric Miralles and Benedetta Tagliabue. This market has more than 100 stalls and many restaurants. Enjoy shopping here, because this market is full of creativity.
- Free afternoon to enjoy the typical Mediterranean food, to rest, to explore the city or to do any other kind of activity.
- Finish the day enjoying some tapas and Flamenco Dancing!!*
Penedes Gastronomic Experience: Wine & Chocolate (1/2 day. Free afternoon)*
- Start your day with an early visit to one of the most important “Cava” brands (a sparkling kind of wine, made of various wine bases) in the world, the “Cava Codorniu”.
Through a guided tour and an audiovisual aid, you will learn the history of this brand: how the wi ne is transformed into “cava” , and you will have the opportunity to make your own “cava” !
- Visit the chocolate factory Simón Coll, one of the best brands of chocolates in the world. Through an innovative visual presentation you will have the opportunity to find out how chocolate is made from cocoa bean to molded chocolate. You will also have the opportunit y to visit the production lines of this factory and also to participate in a workshop where you will be taught how to make chocolate.
Trip to Madrid (1/2 day, free afternoon)
- Arrival at Madrid, where you will stay at a 3 * or 4 * hotel. Time to rest.
- Free afternoon to explore the city, shopping or do another activity to your liking.
- Discover the stories of this wonderful city, called Madrid. Scroll along its roads and for 1h30 enjoy a guided tour at Prado Museum, one of the best museums in th e world.
- Beginning at Plaza Mayor, and for 2 hours, an expert guide will introduce you to the origins of Madrid, its history, culture and its legends, all in a mag ical atmosphere. You will have the opportunity to get to know emblematic places like the Plaza de Oriente or the Barrio de Santiago , or go back to the medieval times while visiting the Plaza de la Paja and the Plaza de la Villa.
- The rest of the afternoon is free to relax, explore Madrid and its shops, or other activity to your liking.
- And before returning to the hotel, dine in one of the many trad itional restaurants of this city where you can discover, enjoy and learn more about the Spanish cuisine.
Aranjuez city (1 day)*
- Visit to this city for its landscapes and exceptional
Value was classified by UNESCO
The World Heritage Site.
- You will visit the Royal Palace of Aranjuez and its gardens, the
Ne of the official residences of the King of Spain: for a moment, let yourself be dazzled by the magnum Ificence of this wonderful and
- Enjoy life, music and good company. So have lunch in this air
Ea indulge yourself with the Traditional dishes that this city has to offer.
- In the afternoon you will have the chance to become more familiar w
Ith Aranjuez past and Future of Aranjuez while you enjoy a boat tour.