21 Sep Ski touring in Southern Europe
Enjoy the hospitality and the typical cuisine of high mountain refuges and ski in the only National Park in Catalonia.
- Incredible sceneries in the Aiguestortes and Estany de Sant Maurici National Park, in the heart of the Pyrenees. Snowed valleys and peaks, ideal to practice skiing.
- Mountain refuges in the higher valleys of the Pyrenees. Far from urban life, ideal to relax and disconnect.
- The Pyrenees of Lleida are the most abrupt, authentic, and wild mountainous area in Catalonia, with small villages that retain their original structure.
- Savour a good dinner in a mountain refuge and discover the Pyrenean traditional gastronomy.
Three days of ski touring in a remote and impressive place, suitable for practicing this thrilling sport.
We will go through Pyrenean valleys, cross infinity of lakes of glacier origin, sleeping in authentic high mountain refuges and contemplate beautiful sceneries from the peaks that we will climb, along the route.
Both the first and the last days we can visit genuine villages of the Pyrenees, admire their charm, taste their typical cuisine and sleep in authentic mountain hotels. Throughout the tour, local mountain guides with extremely good knowledge of the terrain will accompany us, and show us the best snow and corners of the territory.
Possibility of collecting and transferring customers from anywhere in Spain and returning them to their place of origin.
The programme can be adapted to the customer’s needs, both in difficulty and in number of days on route.
Hotel accommodation for the night of termination of the programme.
Arrival at the genuine village of Esterri d’Àneu, located in the bottom of a great valley. Check-in at the hotel and free time to enjoy a SPA circuit. Dinner and breakfast are included in the stay at this centric traditional mountain hotel.
8.00am Complete breakfast to “charge batteries”.
9.00h Meet the guide in the hotel, presentation talk and explanation of the tours, logistic information, etc.
Transfer to the mountain pass of Bonaigua, where we will put the skis on and begin the first stage of the traverse. We will warm up through the easy valley of Gerber, which will allow us to gain altitude in a gentle way, up to the first lake of the itinerary. At this point the gradient increases, making the climb more demanding, until the highest point and finally to the peak of Gerber.
To finish this great stage, we will enjoy the descent to the refuge of Saboredo.
4.00pm Relaxing time in the refuge, sharing sensations and anecdotes of the first day with the travelling companions.
Recover with a good warm dinner, perhaps accompanied by other skiers.
8.00h Energic breakfast.
The group will equip to begin the second day of the route, which runs through the most wild and remote areas of the National Park. We will cross the spectacular Circ de Colomers, one of the biggest lake areas of the Pyrenees, the Port de Caldes and then descend to the refuge Ventosa i Calvell.
4.00pm Again in the refuge, we will recover energy, enjoy the high mountain views that surround it and, after the sun goes down, feel impressed with the dark sky of the Pyrenees.
8.00h Breakfast in the Ventosa i Calvell Refuge. The group will get ready to start the third day of excursion, that will go up to the emblematic peak of the Montarto, with fantastic views over the National Park.
After crowning the highest peak of the route, comes the sensational wild descent, going through mountain necks, lakes, forests, losing altitude until the ending point, near the village of Arties.
4.00pm Transfer back to the town of Esterri d’Àneu, where the route ends.
- One night accommodation in a mountain hotel, in the town of Esterri d’Àneu, with dinner, breakfast and spa circuit included in the ‘suerior class’ room.
- Approximation transfer to the starting point of the ski touring route chosen by the organisation.
- Two-night accommodation in the high mountain refuges of Saboredo and Ventosa I Calvell.
- Three day of guided ski touring routes in the National Park.
- Local mountain guides, with a rich knowledge of the area and the Pyrenean culture.
- Internal transfers needed for the development of the programme.
*Optional rental of all the necessary equipment for ski touring.