15 May Tomatina & Barcelona Experience
Barcelona Zero Limits is passionate about sharing our knowledge of local culture with those travelers who are seeking an authentic experience. Centuries-old traditions have to do not only with history but also with the foods and wines that hail from exceptional rural environments.
Barcelona is a city with a very rich historical past. The culture and traditions of Barcelona and Catalonia are the result of historical events with global impact. Barcelona Zero Limits invite you to explore the Barcelona City and Catalonia. Get to know the culture and customs of the region.
A program diversified in content and rich in cultural activities based in culture, traditions and gastronomic experiences it is the perfect choice to free your senses!
- Visit to the ”Plaza Catalunya”, the most central point of Barcelona, and also the crossing point between the old part and the new part of the city as well as the starting of the most import routes of Barcelona, “Las Rambas”, that if you go down, it will lead you to San Jose Market.
- Visit the Gothic Quarter, the old part of the city where you will explore some famous gourmet shops – the Escribà pastry, the chocolate shop “La Farga”, the “Casa Gispert” specializes in traditional products (roasted beans, jellies, jams, etc.), the Coffee “El Magnifico”, the herbal shop “Del Rey”, among others.
- Visit to the Santa Catarina Market, a building with an exuberant architecture thanks to its colorful roof (like a flying carpet, a masterpiece of Enric Miralles and Benedetta Tagliabue. This market has more than 100 stalls and many restaurants. Enjoy shopping here, because this market is full of creativity.
- Free afternoon to enjoy the typical Mediterranean food, to rest, to explore the city or to do any other kind of activity.
- Finish the day enjoying some tapas and Flamenco Dancing!!
Montserrat (1/2 day. Free afternoon)
- You will go up to Montserrat by Bus which leaves you in the middle of the mountain of Montserrat which rises majestically to 4,051 feet (1,236 meter) above the sea level. The rocks of Montserrat formed by natural cement of sand during the centuries affected by the wind and rain that shaped the mountain with strange and varied forms.
- Visit the Benedict sanctuary of Montserrat which was founded in 1025 and provides a mystical backdrop for the Virgin of Montserrat, the patron saint of Catalonia who is enshrined in the monastery’s Royal Basilica.
- Delightful taste liquors of Montserrat
- End the day Enjoying a traditional Lunch at the Steps to the mountain.
Penedes Gastronomic Experience: Wine & Chocolate (1/2 day. Free afternoon)
- Start your day with an early visit to one of the most important “Cava” brands (a sparkling kind of wine, made of various wine bases) in the world, the “Cava Codorniu”. Through a guided tour and an audiovisual aid, you will learn the history of this brand: how the wine is transformed into “cava”, and you will have the opportunity to make your own “cava”!
- Visit the chocolate factory Simón Coll, one of the best brands of chocolates in the world. Through an innovative visual presentation you will have the opportunity to find out how chocolate is made from cocoa bean to molded chocolate. You will also have the opportunity to visit the production lines of this factory and also to participate in a workshop where you will be taught how to make chocolate.
- A bus will take you to BuÑol where la Tomatina Festivity takes place very
- Enjoy the tomateo fight. It is a pleasure to release adrenaline throwing tomatoes in all directions during an hour.
- End the day with a popular Paella.
- Return to your hotel
You will always have fun in La Tomatina Festival, but if you want to have an indelible memory, you have to take the following tips into account:
- Wear old clothesor clothes that you are not going to wear later. If so, ready to throw them away. White t-shirt: perfect combination.
- Wear shoes with a decent gripso that you can throw them out later, just keep them on your feet. Avoid using flip-flops; you can lose them in the tomato fight.
- The goggles can be your best friend.Your eyes can be sore because of the tomato acid. But it is a pleasure to see how this tomato acid can clean your skin. Tomato exfoliation!
- If you want to take pictures, use waterproof camerasor just use a protective case.
- If you are not from Buñol and you want to stay overnight, do not forget to look for accommodation in advance.
- Come early!The access to the urban area by car will be closed at 07.00. If you want to access, keep walking.
- Follow the security directions and keep a safe distance of the lorries.
Do not miss the palo-jabón. A soap-covered pole with a Spanish ham on the top. The person who climbs to the top and get the spanish ham…wins the ham!
And last but not least, enjoy yourself!. It is a pleasure to release adrenaline throwing tomatoes in all directions during an hour.
The Secret Barcelona of Gaudí (1/2 day. Free afternoon)
- Start with and early tour and visit the most important and well known attracions in Barcelona in a comfortable bus tour aroung the city.
- Barcelona is the only city where you can find examples of all the phases of Gaudí’s career and artworks. We invite you to discover the hidden secrets of the genius’ creations and of his time.
- Starting with the fateful accident that was to cut short his life, we submerge ourselves in Gaudi’s universe, a charismatic character either as a result of his personality or because of his inexhaustible imagination able to turn dreams into stones.
- Visit the Sagrada Familia, La Predrera, Casa Batlló, Parc Güell
- Finish the Morning with a lovely traditional lunch with the group (GROUPS ONLY)